Kazakh National Medical University is a university in Almaty, Kazakhstan. It is the no.1 medical institute in all of Kazakhstan. Many of Kazakhstan’s leading physicians
are affiliated with the university. It is dedicated to S.D. Asfendiyarov who was the first rector when the university was established in 1931. In 2001, the government classified it as a «national» university. There are more than 11000 students, PhD students study at KazNMU, and there are more than 1500 faculty members working at KazNMU, including more than 200 doctors of science, 130 professors, more than 500 candidates of science and 15-laureates of State prizes.
Professorial teaching staff of KazNMU accounts 1712 staff units, of them there are 4 academicians of RK National academy of sciences, 2 persons of Russian academy of sciences, 10 ones corresponding members of RK National academy of sciences, 20 ones of preventive medicine academy and academy of natural sciences, 15 ones of international academies, 159 Doctors of medicine, 430 candidates of sciences, 15 laureates of State premium.
Visiting professors are being involved into educational process. Recruiting department is now working within the University.
For realizing Strategy of the university development and the Program of the personnel development during 2010-2011y. The department of human resources development carried on training for PTS with10 years work experience on the below given cycles of qualification increase:
Basic pedagogic and psychology — 677
Computer skills — 888
Kazakh — 300
English — 250
Evidential medicine — 367
H.S. Nasybullin pedagogical skills school was established in accordance with the University organizational structure, approved by the Academic Council and operates under the University Article.
Education in H.S. Nasybullin pedagogical skills school was:
60% — professional development for teachers-in-training;
40% — professional development for teachers of medical schools in pedagogy.
The main activity objective is in tasks and functions realization, which are assigned to the “School” to train professional and competent professionals, who represent the reserve. The main “School” objectives are:
timely response to the University needs in research and personnel teaching, through training and retention at the University of highly skilled workers, which are capable of ensuring the implementation of strategic objectives and aims set by the University . Create conditions for the formation and development of young professional competence of the teaching staff.
The curriculum in the “School” includes the study of the following modules:
Module 1 — for teachers-in-training:
Module 2 — for the teachers of medical universities:
Module 3 — seminars, trainings and workshops:
Module 4 — program for advisors:
For all University employees involvement into the process of University perfection Academic Council has made a decision “About implementation of Kaizen strategy”. According to this program every University employee can offer the ways to make the University a better place and be awarded financially for this idea.
“Kaizen” program working group has reviewed 36 ideas, 6 of them were implemented successfully, 5 are ongoing.
Why Study MBBS at Kazakh National Medical University?
Following are the advantages of studying MBBS at Kazakh National Medical University:
- It is the top university in Kazakhstan.
- The Kazakhstan city is rich in natural and pure mineral resources.
- As Kazakhstan is a best place in terms of education sector, it is a regional study hub for central Asia.
- At Kazakh national medical university, one semester contains 5 months.
- The university offers its curriculum in English medium.
- The fees are low compared to other universities.
- The university has highly qualified teaching faculty and thus the quality of education is the best.
- University has a very large and nice campus which is the largest in the country.
The following is the admission criteria required for students who want to apply to the MBBS course at Kazakh National Medical University:
- The MBBS aspirants must be over 17 years old on or before the 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The applicants must clear the NEET exam as it is mandatory for those coming from India.
- The aspirant must have completed graduation and must hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The aspirant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2 and 45% if the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC.
Accreditation and Recognition
The Kazakh National Medical University has a high ranking in the world ranking systems and its MD degrees have the following Recognition and Accreditation:
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
- Republic of Kazakhstan's Ministry of Education and Science
Hostels & Accommodation
Students are provided with excellent accommodation at Kazakh National Medical University:
Kazakh National Medical University’s residence hall has space for 2198 students, accommodated in sharing.
At the residence, there are 2, 3, and 4 seater standard furnished rooms that are equipped with all the requirements for comfortable living for students.
The students are provided with many facilities like Computer rooms, Kitchens, Laundry room, Library, Canteen, gym, Reading rooms, recreation room, big conference hall, TV and DVD room, Study rooms on each floor.
Also, the hostel is equipped with Wi-Fi internet access and has a Sports complex that consists of sports like basketball, taekwondo, judo, volleyball, u-shu, sambo, wrestling, etc.