Ternopil National Medical University
Ternopil National Medical University Ukraine
Ternopil National Medical University is located at Ternopil city of Ukraine. TNMU is one of the government institutes which provide MBBS in various fields. This is the government institute run by the Ministry of Health as well as a medical university.
On April 1957, TNMU was founded as TERNOPIL MEDICAL INSTITUTE. The institute was renamed after Ivan Horbachevsky on July 1, 1992. On December 30, 1997, it gained the status of State Medical Academy. And on 17 November 2004, after recognition, the institution became Ivan Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University.
University clinic facilities were located in the municipal hospital.The first rector of the medical institute was Petro Ohij, and the vice-rector Arsen Martyniuk.At the same time, many buildings for different different deparment like the Morphology Building, a dormitory, and the Regional Hospital was constructed for the betterment of the students and staffs.
At that time,the institute was consist of 19 departments and 66 instructors, including Kostiantyn Kovanov, Rostyslav-Yurii Komarovskyi, Anatolii Lokai, Ivan Sytnyk, Mykola Skakun, and Yevhen Honcharuk.
The institute steadily developed faculties by introducing various programme. The major changes happened in the growth of TERNOPIL STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY UKRAINE IN 1991, when Ukraine gots its independence.It starts moving towards the EUROPEAN EDUCATION SYSTEM for the betterment.
The Institute received IV level of Institutional accreditation in 1994. TSMU added the specialty of Nursing in 1995, and in 2000, Pharmacy was added. As of 2016, university offered the various courses in Bachelor’s Master’s and Phd:-
Bachelor’s degree program
- Physical Rehabilation/ Physical Therapy
Master’s degree program
About Ternopil City
Ternopil is one of the most interesting cities in western Ukraine, the administrative center of the Ternopil region. It is one of the three main centers of the historical and geographical area of Galicia. Ternopil's climate is mild continental, with warm, humid summers and mild winters.
This city is the center of a region known for its castles, waterfalls, caves and rivers. It is the starting point for rafting routes along the Dniester canyon, hikes to the Ternopil caves, to the Dzhurynskyi (Chervonohorodskij) waterfall, the most powerful waterfall in Ukraine.
Ternopil is one of the most beautiful old historical cities in Western Ukraine and also the capital of the province of the same name. It is a prominent and very important settlement for the local area known as Podillia and Galychina. The population of the city is close to a quarter of a million people. It is a small educational and cultural center with several excellent state and private universities, many commercial companies and shops, a large number of theaters, concert halls, libraries and other facilities. Local culture can be characterized by special local cuisine and music.
Ternopil's population is about 224,000 (2021), area - 72 square km.
The latitude and longitude coordinates are: 49.553516, 25.594767.
QUICK HIGHLIGHTS ABOUT TERNOPIL NATIONAL MEDICAL
|Recognition||NMC & WHO certified|
|Eligibility||Aggregate 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|Course Duration||Including internship 6 years course|
|Medium of Teaching||English & European|
About Faculty of TSMU
This university includes around 600 professors among which 102 professors are Doctors of Science and full professors and 460 associate’s professors are there. In addition, the staff includes two corresponding and one full member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences, 11 Meritorious Scientists of Ukraine, 3 Meritorious Inventors of Ukraine, 2 Meritorious Teachers of Ukraine and 4 Meritorious Doctors of Ukraine. The university has the following faculties: medicine (6 years – MD program), dentistry (5 years), pharmacy (5 years), Nursing (2-4 years). In various fields, Graduate programs are offered by the university. The theoretical workplaces of the faculty are occupied by four educational and scientific institutes, which are separate structural and functional departments of the university: the Institute of Morphology, the Institute of Biomedical Problems, the Institute of Modeling and Analysis of Pathological Processes and the Institute of Pharmacology and Hygiene of M. Skakuna. and medical biochemistry. Furthermore, Ternopil is home to 12 clinical workplaces in municipal and regional health facilities.
POST GRADUATE COURSES ARE ALSO OFFERED IN DIFFERENT FIELDS. THEY ARE THEORITICAL AND SCIENTIFICAL DEPARTMENTS WHICH RUNS INDEPENDENTLY BUT THEY ARE THE DIVISION OF UNIVERSITY. COURSES ARE:-
- INSTITUTE OF MORPHOLOGY
- INSITITUTE OF BIOMEDICAL PROBLEMS
- INSTITUTE OF MODELING AND PATHOLOGIC PROCESSES ANALYZING
- M.SKAKUN INSTITUTE OF PHARMACOLOGY
- HYGIENE AND MEDICAL BIOCHEMISTRY.
Ternopil State Medical University World Ranking
- In the state, TSMU’s ranking is 14th
- In the world, TSMU’s ranking is 4653th
- The candidate must having the Indian nationality.
- The applicant must have clear the 12th standard with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- The applicant must complete 17 years of age on or before 31st Dec of applying year.
- The applicant must clear NEET exam.
- 10th and 12th passing mark sheets and transfer certificates
- Bachelor’s passing mark sheet and transfer certificates
- Copy of the international passport ( Should have minimum validity of 2 years) and any other ID proof.
- 8 passport size photograph.
- Bank Balance certificate or Financial documents.
- A return air ticket with the open return date of leaving during 1 year on arrival.
- Meental and physical fitness certificated attested ny ministry of foreign affairs.
- Birth certificate on arrival
- Campus is the sub division of the university.
- In the campus, the dormitory has the total capacity of 206 rooms with the total accommodation of 508 students.
- Every rooms of the campus are integrated with a bed, pillow, mattress, blanket, desk with chair, water heaters.
- Suitable lighting for both study and relaxation.
- Hostel rooms are furnished and vary in size and with the wifi facility.
- Dormitory rooms can accommodate 2 or 3 students in each room.
- There are common areas where students can mingle and can arrange sports and cultural and educational program.
- Every room in the campus is assembled with kitchen for students to cook food to their own Choice. Students will only need to arrange their own utensils and cooking meals.
- The administrative unit of the university is responsible for housekeeping, room cleaning and student’s security.
- For foreigner students there is a mess facility provided by the campus according to their food.
- Attached washrooms are provided in all the rooms
Ternopil National Medical University Ukraine Fees Structure
|University||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year||6th Year||Total|
|Ternopil National Medical University||6000$||4400$||4400$||4500$||4500$||4600$||28,400 USD|
|Ternopil National Medical University||4,80,000 INR||3,52,000 INR||3,52,000 INR||3,60,000 INR||3,60,000 INR||3,68,000 INR||22,72,000 INR|
Hostel Fee : 800$ = 56000 INR (Approx)
Medical Insurance : 600$ = 48000 INR (Approx)
Why to Choose Ternopil National Medical University ?
The university has 4 main faculties – General Medicine, (MBBS, MD), Dentistry, Nursing and Pharmacy. Since the beginning of the university's history, more than 25,000 students have graduated and received a medical degree from Ternopil State Medical University. This university has low budget for MBBS
The professorial and academic staff of the university number about 580 lecturers, among whom there are 87 doctors of sciences, professors and 350 candidates of sciences.
The university was ranked 3rd among universities in Ukraine up to the Ukrainian national ranking. More than 14 foreign educational institutions from Europe and America. More than 80 university lecturers were sent on academic exchange abroad. The university is accredited by the World Health Organization and the Medical Council of India, among others.