Grodno State Medical University
About Grodno State Medical University Belarus
GrSMU is the successor to the first medical school in Belarus, the Grodno Medical Academy, founded in 1775 by Antoni Tyzenhaus, the former mayor of Grodno, to improve the almost non-existent health care system in the city. Its first rector was Jean-Emmanuel Gilibert, a French botanist, freemason and physician. During his reign, the first doctors (former illiterate peasants) were trained, a botanical garden and a pharmacy were built. The academy progressed rapidly and was soon reorganized into the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Vilnius in 1781.
The Faculty of Medicine (Medical University of Grodno) was reconstructed only during the Soviet era in 1958. On the one hand, it was a small university, but with one of the best theoretical and practical bases in the BSSR. It was officially granted university status only in 2000.
The main building, completed in 1974, is located on Gorkogo Street. 80. Many departments are located in government hospitals to provide students with practical experience. The university has 4 student dormitories, 2 gymnasiums, a scientific library. GrSMU also contains some research laboratories, hepatology center, computer center.
Grodno State Medical University in Belarus operates in various fields of education including general medicine, medical diagnostics, nursing and others through the development of basic and applied sciences in the medical and social spheres.
Grodno State Medical University Ranking :
Country : 7
World : 4866
QUICK HIGHLIGHTS ABOUT GRODNO STATE MEDICAL
|Location||Grodno 230009, Belarus|
|Recognition||NMC & WHO certified|
|Eligibility||Aggregate 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|Course Duration||Including internship 6 years course|
- A candidate who wants to study medicine must be 17 years of age by December 31 of the year of admission.
- Students need to secure eligible marks in NEET exam to get MBBS seat in Grodno State Medical University.
- Candidates who want to pursue MBBS course must have a valid passport.
- SSC & HSC / equivalent examination certificates
- Passport size photo
- Transfer certificate
- identity card
- Certificate of medical fitness
- Bank confirmation
- Valid international passport
- NEET score
- Invitation letter
- Certificate of Completion
- Birth certificate
- Migration certificate
- Caste certificate
- Grodno State Medical University offers spacious and safe dormitories on the university campus.
- The dormitory provides hygienic conditions with a rich menu of meals, or students can prepare their own meals in the Common Kitchen.
- Students can either live in university dormitories or choose private accommodation.
- Grodno State Medical University has a well-equipped gymnasium and other sports facilities that are within walking distance of the university hostel and main building.
- Other facilities provided by the university to the students include football practice, indoor badminton courts, etc.
- Girls and boys can be accommodated in different areas of the hostel.
- The premises of the hostel include modern equipment.
- The hostel premises offer students 24-hour internet access.
- The hostel is protected by CCTV installation for 24 hours.
Grodno State Medical University Fees Structure
|University||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year||6th Year||Total|
|Grodno State Medical|
|Grodno State Medical||5,60,000 INR||5,60,000 INR||5,60,000 INR||5,60,000 INR||5,60,000 INR||5,60,000 INR||33,60,000 INR|
Course Duration : 5.8 Years
1 USD = 75 INR
Hostel Fee : 600$ = 45000 INR Per Year (Approx)
Visa & Medical Insurance : 150$ = 11250 INR Per Year (Approx)
Why to choose Grodno State Medical University ?
- Degrees from Grodno State Medical University are recognized worldwide.
- Educational and research centers in Europe and other countries are tied to Grodno State Medical University.
- Language of study in English and Russian at Grodno State Medical University.
- Grodno State Medical University cooperates with medical institutions in Poland, Germany, Russia, USA, etc.
- Grodno State Medical University will provide all medical education at low cost.
- The university has certified and reputed faculty members who are masters in medical fields to provide high quality education to the students.
- The university provides modern technologies to provide top-notch education to students in convenient zones.
- The college is introducing a well-developed curriculum for MBBS education.
- Holding a medical degree from Grodno State Medical University allows students to practice medicine in other countries around the world.