Siberian State Medical University
About Siberian State Medical University Russia
Siberian State University is located in the Tomsk region of Russia. It was founded in May 1888 by decree of Emperor Alexander II. It is part of the list of the 3 best medical universities in Russia. It is the only university to be awarded the status of a flagship university. The university has teachers who are proficient in teaching. Together with one other university, SibMeD was given the opportunity to cooperate with the Government of the Russian Federation on a project planned to increase the export of education in the country.
A teaching hospital is a great place for aspiring doctors to learn and train. The hospital will treat roughly a thousand patients from all over the country. In Tomsk, the library of the Siberian State University is the only public library that is considered the best university in Russia, as indicated in the annual Academic of Evidence based medicine library ranking in 2016. In 2015, it became the only university in Russia to be accredited by Technopark Skolkovo. It is a university that has gained worldwide freedom with more than 6500 students. It has a very diverse population of international students coming from 39 other countries.
Siberian State Medical University is ranked 5th among all medical faculties in Russia under the Ministry of Health of Russia (according to the ranking published by the Indian Embassy in Moscow for Indian students). It has been more than 4 years since the university started MBBS English Medium Course in Russia for students from foreign countries. Since then, the university has slowly started gaining popularity among students from India and many other countries. The university is very actively involved in scientific and research activities related to the field of medicine.
SSMU operates under the administration of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation. It received university status in 1992, before that it was known as Tomsk Medical Institute. Till date more than 200 students from India have taken admission in Tomsk to study English medium MBBS course in Russia. Among all foreign students who come to Tomsk to study medicine every year, the majority are Indian students.
Siberian State Medical University Ranking :
Country : 107
World : 3135
QUICK HIGHLIGHTS ABOUT SIBERIAN STATE MEDICAL
|Location||Omsk Oblast, Russia|
|Recognition||NMC & WHO certified|
|Eligibility||Aggregate 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|Course Duration||Including internship 6 years course|
ELIGIBILITY FOR MBBS ADMISSION AND DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:-
- Candidate must have Indian Nationality.
- Candidate must have clear 12th standard in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects.
- The applicant must be 17 years old by December 31 of the year of application.
- Applicant must clear NEET exam.
- 10th and 12th passing marks and transfer letters
- Bachelor's graduation certificate and transfer certificate
- Copy of international passport (should be valid for at least 2 years) and any other proof of identity.
- 8 passport size photos.
- Bank balance certificate or financial documents.
- Return ticket with an open return date within 1 year of arrival.
- Mental and physical fitness confirmed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Birth certificate on arrival
- Each campus room includes a bed, pillow, mattress, blanket, table with chair, water heaters and suitable lighting for studying and relaxing.
- All rooms in the hostel are furnished and vary in size and Wi-Fi in most rooms.
- Dormitories can accommodate 2 or 3 students in each room.
- There are common areas where students can socialize and can arrange a sports, cultural and educational program.
- Each room in the campus is equipped with a kitchen for students to cook food of their choice. Students will only need to arrange their own dishes and cooking.
- The administrative unit of the university is responsible for housekeeping, room cleaning and student safety.
- For international students, there is a canteen provided by the campus according to their diet.
- Attached washrooms are available in all rooms
Siberian State Medical University Fees Structure 2022-23
|University||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year||6th Year||Total|
|Siberian State Medical||3,22,400 RUB||3,22,400 RUB||3,22,400 RUB||3,22,400 RUB||3,22,400 RUB||3,22,400 RUB||19,34,400 RUB|
|Siberian State Medical||3,22,400 INR||3,22,400 INR||3,22,400 INR||3,22,400 INR||3,22,400 INR||3,22,400 INR||19,34,400 INR|
I RUB = 1 INR
Hostel Fee : 70000 RUB = 70000 INR Per Year (Approx)
Visa & Medical Insurance : 200$ = 15000 INR Per Year (Approx)
Why to Choose Siberian State Medical University ?
- It has an almost 130-year-old history of training more than 60,000 students.
- The university offers a wide range of courses from clinical psychology to social work. All kinds of degrees are available, be it Masters, Bachelors or PhDs.
- Currently, over 6,000 students are fulfilling their dreams at this prestigious university.
- The medium of instruction is English and Russian, which makes it suitable for both local and foreign students.
- A number of international scholarships are available.
- Graduates include two presidents of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences.
- It offers students various internship opportunities.
- The university is approved by MCI and is suitable for Indian students.
- The university does not require IELTS or TOEFL scores.
- The admission process is generally easy.
- The university is bilingual.
- The fee structure is affordable unlike most private Indian institutes and western universities.
- Around 12% of seats are reserved for international candidates, which makes admission easier.
- Students are trained here for the MCI screening test.
- The cost of living is feasible and comparatively lower than in western countries.