University of Chittagong
About University of Chittagong Bangladesh
The University of Chittagong was founded in 1966. The University of Chittagong is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the rural setting of the large metropolis of Chittagong. The University of Chittagong (CU) is a large (UniRank enrollment range: 25,000–29,999 students) coeducational Bangladeshi higher education institution.
See the uniRank levels and study areas below for more details. International students can apply for enrollment. CU also provides students with several academic and non-academic facilities .
The teachers, students, officials and staff of Chittagong University played a prominent role during the Liberation War of 1971. One teacher, eleven students and three university staff accepted martyrdom in the liberation war.
The central library of the university has over 300,000 books, 3,500 magazines and internet facilities. The Chittagog University Museum established next to the library plays a leading role in preserving the archaeological objects discovered in the area. It had 18,781 students, 648 teachers and 1,947 support staff and officers.
University of Chittagong Ranking :
Country : 15
World : 6979
QUICK HIGHLIGHTS ABOUT UNIVERSITY of CHITTAGONG
|Location||Chittagong University Rd, 4331, Nepal|
|Recognition||NMC & WHO certified|
|Eligibility||Aggregate 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|Course Duration||Including internship 6 years course|
- Students must have passed 12th or equivalent qualification recognized by Universities/Council of Nepal.
- Students must have English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) in their 10+2.
- In each subject they must pass at least 50% in PCB and English and also in aggregate.
- Students must be 17 years of age by July 31 of the year in which they are admitted.
- Students will then have to attend an interview as part of the selection process.
- Copy of 12th standard mark sheet
- Copy of NEET UG Result
- Birth certificate
- Passport size photo
- Proof of income of parents or guardian
- Address proof
- Migration certificate
- Health card.
- Photocopy of valid passport.
- High school academic transcript.
- University of Chittagong, Bangladesh provides hostel for students.
- There are separate hostels for girls and boys with dining hall and canteen which provides cupboards, chairs, sufficient number of beds, hygienic food and other facilities.
- To meet the international quality standard, the hostel of Chittagong University provides facilities like sports ground, playground, cultural activity center etc.
- Facilities like railway station, airport, bus stand, ATMs etc are also close to the hostel. This allows students to travel to and from college.
University of Chittagong Fees Structure 2022-23
|University||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year||6th Year||Total|
|University of Chittagong||5600 $||5600 $||5600 $||5600 $||5600 $||5600 $||33600 $|
|University of Chittagong||4,20,000 INR||4,20,000 INR||4,20,000 INR||4,20,000 INR||4,20,000 INR||4,20,000 INR||25,20,000 INR|
1 USD = 75 INR
Hostel Fee : 1000 $ = 75000 INR Per Year (Approx)
Visa & Medical Insurance : 200$ = 15000 INR Per Year (Approx)
Why to choose University of Chittagong ?
- Since the university has ties with many international organizations, students can participate in international student exchange programs.
- The university builds a strong and thorough medical foundation of MBBS students.
- University of Chittagong is one of the best medical universities in the world.
- The university provides accommodation facilities for students
- It also provides many other recreational facilities to its students as well.
- The university has huge science labs for the benefit of the students as well.